Applications are invited from eligible Indian Citizens for appointment in Clerical Cadre in Associate Banks of State Bank of India. Candidates can apply for vacancies in one Bank/State only and will have to appear for written test from a centre of that particular state. For example, candidate applying to SBH in Andhra Pradesh state can appear from Andhra Pradesh only.
Details of the Post :
Name of the Post : Clerk ( Clerical Cadre)
No. of Posts : 7740 (SC – 1241 ; ST – 466 ; OBC – 280 ; Gen – 700)
Note : For Bank wise and State wise Vacancy Details, please refer the pdf (Link given at the end of this post)
Pay Scale : Rs. 7200-400/3-8400-500/3-9900-600/4-12300-700/7-17200-1300/1-18500- 800/1-19300
Educational Qualification : Minimum 12th Standard (10 + 2) pass or equivalent qualification with a minimum of aggregate 60% marks (55% for SC/ ST/ PWD/ XS) OR A degree (Graduation level) from a recognised university.
Note : Candidates who have not passed 12th standard Examination but have passed Diploma course after 10th standard are eligible for the captioned recruitment provided : Diploma course passed after 10th standard must be a full time course (Diploma course through correspondence are not eligible) with a minimum of two years duration.
Age Limit : 18 – 28 years as on 1st August 2012.(Relaxation of upper age limit – SC/ST – 5 yrs ; OBC – 3 yrs ; PH – 10 yrs )
Selection Procedure : The selection of the candidates will be on the basis of written test and interviews. The written test will be of Objective type consisting of (i) General Awareness ii) General English (iii) Quantitative Aptitude (iv) Reasoning Ability (v) Marketing Aptitude / Computer Knowledge. The questions in objective tests, except for the test of General English, will be printed bilingual i.e., English & Hindi.
Probation Period : 6 months
Application fee and Intimation Charges : Rs.350/- (Rs.50/- for SC/ST/PH/EX-SM)
Mode of Fee Payment : 1) Off Line 2) Online
- Fee payment will be accepted from 2nd working day after registration and can be made within three working days at any branch of State Bank of India. System generated fee payment challan will be used for depositing fee. Once fee is paid, the registration process is completed.
- Candidate will receive registration confirmation by SMS/e-mail after THREE working days from the date of payment of fees. Candidate must ensure to furnish correct Mobile number / e-mail address to receive the registration confirmation.
- Three days after fee payment candidate will also have a provision to reprint the submitted application containing fee details. The printout of the application and fee receipt should be retained with the candidate. It will have to be submitted at the time of interview, if called.
- Online : After ensuring the correctness of the particulars of the application form candidates are required to pay fees through the payment gateway integrated with the application, following the instructions available on the screen. No change/edit will be allowed thereafter.
- The payment can be made by using MASTER/VISA debit/ credit cards or Internet Banking by providing information as asked on the screen. Transaction charges for online payment will be borne by the candidates.
- On successful completion of the transaction, e-receipt and application form will be generated; which may be printed for record.
NOTE : If the online transaction is not successfully completed, the candidate will be required to register again and make payment online.
Important : The candidates are not required to send the application form to the Bank.
How to Apply : Candidates are required to apply ONLINE.
Guidelines for Applying ONLINE :
- Before applying online a candidate will be required to have a scanned (digital) image of his/her photograph and signature. Online Application will not be registered unless you upload your photo and signature as specified.
- In case the photograph or signature is unclear, the candidate may edit his application and reupload his photograph or signature. However, edit facility will be restricted to 3 times only.
- Candidates should keep a copy of the Application printout and Fee Receipt for their record.
Important : The candidates must bring the call letter along with photo identity proof such as passport /PAN Card/ Driving Licence/Voter’s Card/Unique Identification Card (AADHAR)/ Bank Passbook with duly attested Photograph/ Identity Card issued by School or College/ Gazetted Officer in ORIGINAL as well as a self attested Photocopy thereof. The photocopy of Identity proof should be submitted along with call letter to the invigilators in the examination hall, failing which he/she will NOT be permitted to appear for the test.
Important Dates :
- On-line Registration of Applications From : 30th July 2012
- Last Date for Registration of Online Applications : 13th August 2012
- Payment of Fees – Offline : 1st August 2012 – 17th August 2012
- Payment of Fees – Online : 30th July – 13th August 2012
- Dates of Written Examination : 7th and 14th October 2012.